So for this Hobby Thursday, I just wanted to focus on the work that I've done for my "A Crusade in 61 Days" project. I'm off to a pretty good start in my opinion, though I did hit a rough patch the past few days due to work obligations. That seriously cut into my painting time. Nevertheless, I'll have almost finished a Rhino and completely finished one Dreadnought in only 7 days. I'm not going to complain. :)
Here is what is done thus far.
There are a few things I don't like about the model. First, I don't think I did a very good job on the base. I'll have to improve upon this before the next time. For some reason, the glue just wasn't wanting to stick properly, nor did I get the sides of the base. So it looks a bit chinsy and I'll eventually go back to get it because things like that make me go OCD crazy. But not before the end of the project. The other little thing that was bothersome was my lack of skills at painting the red light thingies. They should be painted just like a gem would, but I couldn't get the effect right. I'll have to practice it a bit more, because it really didn't work out as well as I'd have hoped.
On the other hand, I really do like how the burnt Flamer turned out. The scorched effect turned out well, as did the paint "chipping" weathering technique. I opted to go that route and give my vehicles a bit of weathering, instead of giving them the incredibly tedious amount of hard-edge highlights. I like it quite a bit. Plus, if you think about it, a desert environment would probably cause this type of wear and tear to a vehicle. :)
Next week, I'm thinking that I'll bust out some Malifaux stuff and start painting that. But we'll see how it goes. Have a great night all! :D