- 180 points
- WS 6 instead of WS 5.
- Once per game, you can give Hatred and Fleet to all friendly Black Templars in your army.
- He has access to Honor Guard
- All equipment is the same, including the Sword of Marshals. No mention of special Warlord Trait.
- 185 points
- BS 4 instead of BS 5.
- 3 attacks instead of the 4 attacks he has now.
- 3 wounds instead of the 2.
- "It Will Not Die" replaces "Only in Death Does Duty End".
- All Black Templars units within 6" of Grimaldus gain Zealot.
- All Black Templars units within 6" of Grimaldus's servitors gain 6+ invulnerable save.
- Wargear the same.
The Emperor's Champion:
- 140 points
- Same stat-line.
- 2+ armor save and 4+ invulnerable save at all times.
- Same wargear
- Black Sword is AP2 and Master Crafted
- 1H Stance: Causes Instant Death on roll of 6's to wound in CC.
- 2H Stance: Unwieldly and +2 Strength.
- Now takes up a HQ slot, but is NOT mandatory inclusion.
In summary, if you're taking Black Tide, which seems to be what we're going to be more geared for...you absolutely must take Grimaldus. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. He makes your Black Tide function, similar to how bad ass he was in 4th Edition. He also got a points reduction to help fit him in. EXCELLENT rules now.
Also, as a side note...Black Templars Chapter Traits are (Note, they get all of them):
- Adamantium Will
- Characters get re-rolls to hit and rending in challenges.